Success is doing the best you can, with what you have, where you are. Success is not easy. If it were, everyone would achieve it. Personally, I'm thankful success is not so easily attainable, it forces us to work hard, adapt, change & become a better version of ourselves. Here are 7 steps we can incorporate into our lives to help us reach our goals in a more predictable manner.
1) Commit to daily personal growth - what we focus on is what we get. Focus on investing time reading/listening to the right books, videos, etc. Set a goal to commit 10 minutes every day to this & see how, over time, your whole life begins to change. For some great resources, I've compiled some HERE.
2) Be okay with sacrificing pleasure for opportunity - you can pay now or pay later. Delayed gratification is not something people want to do but it is the way people lived in the past. You didn't buy a car until you had the money to do so. Today is the microwave generation, looking for the quick fix to problems. Those who give up things now for the long run will succeed. Be willing to put some things on the backburner to accomplish your goals. They ARE more important when you have the right perspective.
3) Dream BIG - we all have so much more potential than we might think. Look at all the great inventions & accomplishments in this world, they came from people who had great imaginations & had vision. Don't let critical people tell you that you are unrealistic or that you should be happy with what you have. I'm sure Michael Jordan Steve Jobs would agree.
4) Set your priorities - so many people go through life without a plan. It's been determined that 2% of the people in this world accomplish great success because they write their goals down & they know how to manage their time. Take the time to figure out what you want & reverse engineer the activities you need to work on on a daily basis to get you to those goals.
5) Trust in the process - so many people evaluate whether they want to keep going based on what they have accomplished so far. Success is a journey & we must trust in the process of all the little things we must do. Champions aren't made in the ring, they are only recognized there. My cousin, Chris Weidman, did NOT become the UFC Middleweight Champion overnight, he had a daily process he created with his coaches that he committed to that got him to his goal.
6) Don't wait to be inspired - our feelings & emotions are fickle. Nothing in life will ever get done if we wait to feel good. We have to push our feelings aside & focus on what we can control, our attitude & our actions. Take action regardless of how you feel & see the outcome...
7) Figure out WHAT you want & WHY - this is the most important part. We must have clarity about what we desire to accomplish. If we don't take the time to do this, we are like a ship out in the ocean without a rudder, tossed around by the wind & the waves, with no direction. Find a quiet place, get a pad & paper & WRITE DOWN what you want. More importantly, you need to know WHY you want it. When you know what you want & why you want it, it becomes a need. A want without a why is simply a wish & we never see wishes come true.
We all have 24 hours in a day. There are those who don't accomplish much of anything & there are those who change the world. The best part in all this: YOU get to DECIDE what level of success you have in your life.
I'm a Christian, a husband, a father and a business owner. I love the outdoors, health & fitness & personal development. I'm passionate about helping business owners get UNSTUCK & growing their businesses to bless their families & impact the world around them in a positive way.