HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIENDS!!!
I believe we are all planning to set goals this year, maybe some big, audacious goals that scare us. Something to keep in mind that has helped me ensure I accomplish what I set out to.
"There was a fascinating study conducted on the 1979 Harvard MBA program where graduate students were asked “have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?” The result, only 3% had written goals and plans, 13% had goals but they weren’t in writing and 84% had no goals at all. Ten years later, the same group was interviewed again and the result was absolutely mind-blowing.
The 13% of the class who had goals, but did not write them down was earning twice the amount of the 84% who had no goals. The 3% who had written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97% of the class combined!"
It might seem strange to speak your goals but there is power in having affirmation cards/goal cards & saying them out loud. Think about it, when Michael Jordan was playing basketball, and he was at the free throw line during a championship game, you can bet he wasn't saying to himself "man, I'm going to miss." No way!!! In fact, if you look at any athlete in any sport, many, many of them you can see are talking to themselves. They are programming their minds with their words to believe that they will accomplish their goal. That is one piece of the puzzle for sure...
TIP: SPEAK YOUR GOALS EVERY DAY & WRITE THEM DOWN. Also, when you speak them, speak in the present tense (ie. if your goal is to become more confident & positive in life then say "I have a positive attitude, I am confident in my abilities & I believe I am worthy of success.""
I'm a Christian, a husband, a father and a business owner. I love the outdoors, health & fitness & personal development. I'm passionate about helping business owners get UNSTUCK & growing their businesses to bless their families & impact the world around them in a positive way.